Head north to Wembley
FA VASE FOURTH ROUND Mildenhall Town 2 Sherbourne Town 1 MILDENHALL are now just four games away from Wembley. A first-half double from Neal Docking on Saturday secured their passage to the fifth round where they face a long trip to County Durham on Febr
FA VASE FOURTH ROUND
Mildenhall Town 2
Sherbourne Town 1
MILDENHALL are now just four games away from Wembley.
You may also want to watch:
A first-half double from Neal Docking on Saturday secured their passage to the fifth round where they face a long trip to County Durham on February 10, to face Billington Synthonia, who are currently mid-table in the Arngove Northern League Division One.
The usually reliable Gareth Simpson missed his second penalty in a week for Mildenhall, early on, after a handball.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
The hosts took a 15th-minute lead when a good passing move finished with Craig Hammond slipping it through for Docking to score from close range.
Sherbourne almost hit back straight away when a lob beat Ben Nower, but landed on the roof of the net.
Simpson came close before
Docking doubled Mildenhall's lead with a cool finish in the penalty area after a nod down from Craig
Docking was replaced by Heron early in the second half after picking up a knock and Sherbourne started to create pressure.
Nower kept the visitors out with a fine penalty save just after the hour mark but a well-struck effort from Marc Caines made it 2-1 to set up a tense final 20 minutes.
Sherbourne pushed hard for an equaliser, but with Mildenhall centre-backs Andy Eady and Graham Rush in fine form, they found no way through.
n Mildenhall play Harwich and Parkeston away on Saturday.