Young cyclist off to a promising start
- Credit: ELY & DISTRICT CYCLING CLUB
A junior rider who is a member of Ely & District Cycling Club has kicked off his busy race calendar for 2021.
Harvey Woodroffe maintained his hectic race calendar with two races, starting with a race at the legendary Lotus test track at Hethel in Norfolk on Tuesday.
Woodroffe made it into a two-man group from the start but, despite closing the gap to the lead rider, he wasn't quite able to get past so had to settle for second place on the day.
On Saturday, Woodroffe was racing again at the Redbridge Cycling Centre, and again made it into the front group from the start.
However, with two laps to go, the group fractured and a group of four riders went clear.
You may also want to watch:
Woodroffe sprinted well at the end of the race to take sixth place in the Under 12s category.
Elsewhere over the weekend, Sophie Walker Meers took advantage of the nearly ideal conditions on Sunday to set a new club record for a 50-mile time trial.
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 7 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 10 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery