NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: New Ely City striker arrives in style with hat-trick
- Credit: Archant
Ely City chief Brady Stone is delighted to finally complete the capture of striker Ryan Harnwell.
The frontman - a long-time target of the Robins - announced his arrival with a Tuesday hat-trick in an 8-1 pre-season friendly thumping of local rivals Soham Town Rangers.
And Stone expects strong competition for places in attack with five recognised forwards now in the City squad for the new Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division season.
He said: "Ryan brings a lot of pace and strength in attack which are things we have been lacking.
"I've been aware of Ryan for several years and tried to bring him into the club last season only for the deal to fall through.
You may also want to watch:
"But it's great to finally get our man and we have some excellent striking options now with the likes of Ryan, Sam, young Josh, Alex Theobald and Steve Holder.
"Competition for places up front is going and that is exactly what I want as a manager."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Stone has also added utility player Michael Harvey to his Ely squad. Harvey has played for Mildenhall Town in the past and joins from fellow Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division side Hadleigh.