NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: New Ely City striker arrives in style with hat-trick
- Credit: Archant
Ely City chief Brady Stone is delighted to finally complete the capture of striker Ryan Harnwell.
The frontman - a long-time target of the Robins - announced his arrival with a Tuesday hat-trick in an 8-1 pre-season friendly thumping of local rivals Soham Town Rangers.
And Stone expects strong competition for places in attack with five recognised forwards now in the City squad for the new Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division season.
He said: "Ryan brings a lot of pace and strength in attack which are things we have been lacking.
"I've been aware of Ryan for several years and tried to bring him into the club last season only for the deal to fall through.
"But it's great to finally get our man and we have some excellent striking options now with the likes of Ryan, Sam, young Josh, Alex Theobald and Steve Holder.
"Competition for places up front is going and that is exactly what I want as a manager."
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 10 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
Stone has also added utility player Michael Harvey to his Ely squad. Harvey has played for Mildenhall Town in the past and joins from fellow Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division side Hadleigh.