Happy New Year! Hundreds of runners hit the road in Ely New Year’s Eve 10k to see out 2016
- Credit: Archant
Over 600 hardy runners finished 2016 in style by lacing up their running boots and embarking on a 10km run through East Cambridgeshire.
Hundreds of keen runners from across the county hit the road for the Ely New Year’s Eve 10km, which began in Little Downham before snaking through Pymoor and Ely.
Some speedy times were recorded on a chilly morning in the Fens, with Lincoln Wellington Athletics Club star Aaron Scott taking first place with an impressive time of 31 minutes and 53 seconds.
Chris Dowling of Cambridge and Coleridge AC finished in second in 32 minutes and 55 seconds, and Fairland Valley Spartans’ Craig Halsey came third in 35 minutes and one second.
Jason Mann was first home for the Ely Runners Club in 40 minutes and 54 seconds, earning him a 53rd-place finish.
You may also want to watch:
For a full list of results, visit www.newyearseve10k.co.uk.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'