Halls continues winning run at Romford
HADDENHAM and Ely ace Jack Halls was back in action again at the weekend as he travelled to a show in Romford, Essex.
Halls, fresh from his victory over Jack Brooker at last week’s home show, was back on the road again and impressed with a unanimous win over Jack England, of Newham ABC.
In a previous bout between the two, almost two years ago, England had taken the win over 16-year-old Halls but the Haddenham and Ely youngster showed how much he has improved with a comfortable win.
Coach Mike Sawyer said: “Jack put together some lovely combination shots and really dominated the bout, it was an excellent performance.
“The boy he boxed is one of the best young boys out there at the moment so it was a good win and shows how he had improved.”
You may also want to watch:
Halls will be in action again on Saturday at Welwyn Garden City in Hertfordshire when he takes on K O’Neil. Halls’ clubmate Thomas Deverell will be looking to shrug off his debut defeat to Connor Harvey as he takes on R Parker of Welweyn Garden City ABC on the same bill.
Haddenham and Ely will be hosting an Eastern Counties versus Romford and select open show at Ely College on May 26. Contact the club for more information.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months