Haddenham’s Smith takes split-decision verdict
- Credit: Archant
Boxing Riley Smith secured victory over Danile O’Sullivan at March Amateur Boxing Club’s home show, on Friday.
Smith, of Haddenham and Ely Boxing Club, was handed a split-decision win following three closely-contested rounds at the Braza Club, in March.
Spectators were treated to three bouts involving Fenland boxers and seven other contests featuring talented young prospects from all over the country.
Opening the show was March ABC boxer Acer Smith, who took on Coby Brown of Boston. Smith’s powerful punches left their mark on Brown, who took an eight count in the final round, and he won by unanimous decision.
Fellow March ABC boxer Nathan Smith, 15, was in action against Kingfisher’s Dylan Parker.
You may also want to watch:
Smith got stronger as the bout progressed and he too won by unanimous decision.
Chatteris ABC prospect Ryan Ducker secured a unanimous decision win over Liam Eley of Aston Police.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident