BOXING: Haddenham & Ely super heavyweight Aaron Jobe secures another impressive win
- Credit: Archant
Haddenham & Ely Boxing Club super heavyweight sensation Aaron Jobe added another impressive victory to his record at the weekend.
The 36-year-old recorded his seventh career win with a commanding stoppage win in the London Championships on Saturday.
Jobe moved into the quarter-finals of the competition courtesy of a classy win which saw him give his opponent a standing eight count in both the second and third rounds.
Head coach Mike Sawyer sent coach Zab to watch over Jobe’s progress and he was impressed by what he saw.
He said: “He threw some good left and right shots and he got a good win. We’re confident for the quarter-finals.”
You may also want to watch:
Jobe will step back into the ring this weekend for his last eight show down at Hayes Working Men’s Club.
For more information on Haddenham & Ely Boxing Club, call Mike on 07967 813306.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident