BOXING: Haddenham & Ely youngster Liam Finlay eases to another win in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Local prospect Liam Finlay added another victory to his record in St Albans over the weekend.
The Haddenham & Ely Boxing Club talent eased to a unanimous decision victory over his opponent in a 55kg clash on Saturday.
Finlay commanded the ring well and used impressive left and right shots to claim another victory under coach Mike Sawyer.
Youngster Nathan Smith was also in action in Hertfordshire, but a split decision went against him.
Super heavyweight Aaron Jobe was out looking to get back to winning ways in Kettering, but he was sent to a second straight defeat to a London Military opponent.
Jobe, 36, boxed well but was out-pointed by a tall, awkward opponent who used his range well.
Finlay and prospect Shea Haywood will step back through the ropes this weekend at a show at the Kettering School of Boxing.
- 1 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 2 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 3 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 4 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 5 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 6 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 ‘If it wasn’t for NICU I possibly wouldn’t be here today’ - Darren fundraising for Addenbrooke's
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
Sawyer said: “The lads are doing really well at the minute and it’s good to keep them active.”