BOXING: Haddenham & Ely youngster Liam Finlay eases to another win in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Local prospect Liam Finlay added another victory to his record in St Albans over the weekend.
The Haddenham & Ely Boxing Club talent eased to a unanimous decision victory over his opponent in a 55kg clash on Saturday.
Finlay commanded the ring well and used impressive left and right shots to claim another victory under coach Mike Sawyer.
Youngster Nathan Smith was also in action in Hertfordshire, but a split decision went against him.
Super heavyweight Aaron Jobe was out looking to get back to winning ways in Kettering, but he was sent to a second straight defeat to a London Military opponent.
You may also want to watch:
Jobe, 36, boxed well but was out-pointed by a tall, awkward opponent who used his range well.
Finlay and prospect Shea Haywood will step back through the ropes this weekend at a show at the Kettering School of Boxing.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
Sawyer said: “The lads are doing really well at the minute and it’s good to keep them active.”