Haddenham ABC hold its boxing show this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Two young boxers from the Haddenham ABC fought well in bouts at London at the weekend with one win and one close loss.
Hope Price won the 57kg junior title while Liam Finlay lost but put up a good fight.
Mike Sawyer said: “Haddenham is at the top of ABA boxing. We are now looking forward to the home show this Saturday.”
Hope, 15 and Liam, 16, fought in the championship bouts at Snaresbrook.
Hope earned his place in a unanimous win against Fraser Coleman from Hanwell in the quarter finals staged at Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
Liam earnt his place at the finals in a fight against Taz Turner from Warriors.
The Haddenham Boxing Show is being staged at Ely College, in Downham Road, on Saturday March 24.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Tickets cost £10 and doors open at 6.30pm.
Boxing starts at 8.30pm. All welcome.
In the last show in October, fight fans – and former professionals Dave ‘Boy’ Green and Tyler Goodjohn - were treated to 15 top-quality bouts involving fighters of all weights and ages in a packed event.