Two Haddenham boxers are through to the Junior ABA finals
- Credit: Archant
Two young boxers from Haddenham have made it to the finals of the Junior ABA championships.
Hope Price, 15 and Liam Finley, 16, will fight in the championship bouts at Snaresbrook, London, this weekend.
Hope earned his place in a unanimous win against Fraser Coleman from Hanwell in the quarter finals staged at Stevenage.
Trainer Mike Sawyer said: “He boxed very well, he still heeds a bit of fitness, otherwise we were very pleased with his performance.”
Liam fought Taz Turner from Warriors and beat him on points.
You may also want to watch:
Mike said: “He won on points and boxed very well indeed.
“His fitness got him through, he is a very nice boxer.”
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
Nathan lost to Alfie Willey, from Eltham. Mike said he was beaten on a unanimous decision.
Owing to a recent bout of flu Alfie had not been up to his usual fitness levels, he added, and that was what had lost him the fight.
Mike said: “He did himself proud, he just found the third round difficult.”