Haddenham Boxers Do Well At Championships
THREE youngsters from Haddenham Amateur Boxing Club acquitted themselves well in last week s Junior ABA Championship quarter finals at Brentwood in Essex. Tyler Goodjohn was the only boxer to make it through to the semi-finals however, winning a unanimous
THREE youngsters from Haddenham Amateur Boxing Club acquitted themselves well in last week's Junior ABA Championship quarter finals at Brentwood in Essex.
Tyler Goodjohn was the only boxer to make it through to the semi-finals however, winning a unanimous decision against the tall L Dawson from London club Earlsfield.
Goodjohn (in the category for boxers born in 1991) punished Dawson with a series of body shots, and now faces the winner of last year's Junior ABA Championships at the Black Lion Leisure Centre in Gillingham, Kent, on Sunday.
Jesse Smith - boxing in the 1992 under-57kg category - also faced an Earlsfield boxer, going down to a majority decision against England international L Adolphe despite a superb performance.
Jack Fraser (1992 under 57kg) meanwhile faced B Morgan (West Ham), who has won two national junior titles and two national schoolboy trophies as well as making many appearances for England.
Morgan won by virtue of a unanimous decision at the end of four rounds, but was nevertheless given a really tough fight by Fraser.
- 1 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 2 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 6 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday
- 7 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 8 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'