Haddenham Boxers Do Well At Championships
THREE youngsters from Haddenham Amateur Boxing Club acquitted themselves well in last week s Junior ABA Championship quarter finals at Brentwood in Essex. Tyler Goodjohn was the only boxer to make it through to the semi-finals however, winning a unanimous
THREE youngsters from Haddenham Amateur Boxing Club acquitted themselves well in last week's Junior ABA Championship quarter finals at Brentwood in Essex.
Tyler Goodjohn was the only boxer to make it through to the semi-finals however, winning a unanimous decision against the tall L Dawson from London club Earlsfield.
Goodjohn (in the category for boxers born in 1991) punished Dawson with a series of body shots, and now faces the winner of last year's Junior ABA Championships at the Black Lion Leisure Centre in Gillingham, Kent, on Sunday.
Jesse Smith - boxing in the 1992 under-57kg category - also faced an Earlsfield boxer, going down to a majority decision against England international L Adolphe despite a superb performance.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Fraser (1992 under 57kg) meanwhile faced B Morgan (West Ham), who has won two national junior titles and two national schoolboy trophies as well as making many appearances for England.
Morgan won by virtue of a unanimous decision at the end of four rounds, but was nevertheless given a really tough fight by Fraser.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on