Young Haddenham boxers to compete at championship event
- Credit: Archant
Two Haddenham boxers will fight in the semi-finals of a championsip event this weekend.
Callum Francis and Tariq Kahn, who train at Haddenham & Ely Amateur Boxing Club's (ABC), head to the Alliance ABA Championships this Saturday (October 26).
Callum will fight at welterweight level while Tariq Kahn is in the middleweight level of the semi finals, which are being held at Dunstable Conference Centre.
The weigh-in is at from 9-11am and the event starts at 12pm.
Mike Sawyer, head trainer, said: "I think both of them stand a very good chance of getting into the finals, which are being held on Sunday November 3."
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month Cambridgeshire's sporting stars - past and present - were special guests at the club's annual show.
Tyler Goodjohn, a former club member and now bare knuckle boxing featherweight champion, and former European light welterweight champion Dave 'Boy' Green were at Ely College for the 15-bout event on October 5.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry