BOXING: Youngster Tommy Bowles impresses in first Haddenham & Ely Boxing Club outing
- Credit: Archant
The future is looking bright for Haddenham & Ely Boxing Club youngster, Tommy Bowles.
The 11-year-old impressed in his maiden outing and claimed his first victory with a majority decision win over his opponent at a show in Cheshunt.
Coach Mike Sawyer said: “He boxed very well with a strong left and some good right shots.”
It’s been a less successful spell for local super heavyweight, Aaron Jobe, however.
The East Cambs fighter, 36, controversially lost in the quarter-finals of the London Championships earlier this month.
Sawyer said: “Aaron was very unfortunate to have the decision go against him. We thought he had done enough to win the fight.”
Haddenham fighters Liam Finlay, Nathan Smith and Chade Moore are all in action in St Albans this weekend.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 5 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 9 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 10 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
For more information on Haddenham & Ely Boxing Club, call Mike on 07967 813306.