BOXING: Youngster Tommy Bowles impresses in first Haddenham & Ely Boxing Club outing
- Credit: Archant
The future is looking bright for Haddenham & Ely Boxing Club youngster, Tommy Bowles.
The 11-year-old impressed in his maiden outing and claimed his first victory with a majority decision win over his opponent at a show in Cheshunt.
Coach Mike Sawyer said: “He boxed very well with a strong left and some good right shots.”
It’s been a less successful spell for local super heavyweight, Aaron Jobe, however.
The East Cambs fighter, 36, controversially lost in the quarter-finals of the London Championships earlier this month.
You may also want to watch:
Sawyer said: “Aaron was very unfortunate to have the decision go against him. We thought he had done enough to win the fight.”
Haddenham fighters Liam Finlay, Nathan Smith and Chade Moore are all in action in St Albans this weekend.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
For more information on Haddenham & Ely Boxing Club, call Mike on 07967 813306.