Haddenham blown away by ruthless Sutton
- Credit: Archant
Cricket CCA Junior League 2N
SUTTON showed their class to power past a below-par Haddenham side on Saturday.
James Nuttall’s team out-bowled and out-batted their village neighbours to claim a comprehensive 10-wicket win that sees them move up into a tie for sixth place in the league. Haddenham, meanwhile, drop down to 13th place.
Sutton were asked to bowl first on their home ground after Haddenham won the toss but young Ryan Bowles was quick to make them pay as he removed both openers for just four runs.
Chris Hughes (4) didn’t fare much better coming in at number three for Haddenham and it was only the arrival of Ian Jacobs (16) at number six that stopped the visitors for being blown away.
You may also want to watch:
Hughes was eventually removed by Sutton’s Michael Grady, who went on to take 3-12 in his four overs to put the hosts in a commanding position. Bowles finished with 3-15 and Ren Barnard pitched in with 2-20 as Haddenham were bowled out for just 76.
Sutton required less than two-runs-per-over in their reply but were in no mood to hang around as opening pair Michael Grady and Cornelio De Plessis tucked into the Haddenham bowling.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
De Plessis smashed seven boundaries on his way to 41 while Grady hit three boundaries in his unbeaten 23.
Despite their best efforts, Haddenham’s four pronged bowling attack couldn’t make any in-roads into the hosts line up, with Ian Jacobs 0-19 off five overs the best figures of the innings.
Sutton will be back in action on Saturday as they travel to Bar Hill while Sutton II will welcome Bar Hill II to the village. Haddenham will host March Town III.