Bouts for Haddenham Boxing Club
- Credit: Archant
Haddenham Boxing Club have reported success in its latest trip to Balham ABC in London.
Kevin Johnson took George Leech in an 87 kilo bout.
Kevin said George boxed really well using his left hand following up well with his right and catching his opponent with upper cuts.
“I am very proud,” he said.
The club went to East Ham Working Men’s Club in a show for Newham ABC.
George Leech boxed against Anthony Hewitt.
In a boxing bout in Kettering Kevin Johnson reports that Millie Symons beat her opponent, on points.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
Kevin said: “She was wonderful, the whole of the club is very pleased with her performance.”
Liam Finlay was beaten in his match despite boxing very well in his fight, he added.
The next bout will see Millie compete in the final of the school girls championships against Sophie Lock of Holland Park.
The club meets at the Arkenstall Centre in Station Road.