Packing a punch for their boxing club
- Credit: Archant
Young boxers from Haddenham ABC took part in bouts at Kent with the budding fighters doing their club proud.
Alfie Cornell fought in his second bout and performed well winning all three rounds against G Wackens at the Snodland ABC.
Mike Sawyer, coach, said: “Alfie boxed very well and should be proud of himself.
“He came out boxing nicely and the punches kept coming.”
Millie Symons, 14, also boxed in the Kent event and was beaten on a split decision in a fight against K Power.
Mike said: “The opponent was very stylish with a good left hand. Millie fought well but struggled to get away from it, so was beaten but only on a split decision.
“The other girl was one of the best girls she has boxed to date, so is was a very good experience. Millie did well.”
- 1 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 2 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 3 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 4 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 7 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
- 8 County Day hopes to shine light on young farmers of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 10 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
• The club meets at the Arkenstall Centre in Station Road in Haddenham. For information call Mike on 01353-741620.