Packing a punch for their boxing club
- Credit: Archant
Young boxers from Haddenham ABC took part in bouts at Kent with the budding fighters doing their club proud.
Alfie Cornell fought in his second bout and performed well winning all three rounds against G Wackens at the Snodland ABC.
Mike Sawyer, coach, said: “Alfie boxed very well and should be proud of himself.
“He came out boxing nicely and the punches kept coming.”
Millie Symons, 14, also boxed in the Kent event and was beaten on a split decision in a fight against K Power.
You may also want to watch:
Mike said: “The opponent was very stylish with a good left hand. Millie fought well but struggled to get away from it, so was beaten but only on a split decision.
“The other girl was one of the best girls she has boxed to date, so is was a very good experience. Millie did well.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
• The club meets at the Arkenstall Centre in Station Road in Haddenham. For information call Mike on 01353-741620.