Greens Slip Up At Woodford
Woodford United 1 Soham Town Rangers 0 A SECOND half header was all that separated the teams as Soham Town Rangers slipped to a narrow loss at high-flyers Woodford United. In a game that was dominated by the respective midfields, it was left to striker Ho
Woodford United 1
Soham Town Rangers 0
A SECOND half header was all that separated the teams as Soham Town Rangers slipped to a narrow loss at high-flyers Woodford United.
In a game that was dominated by the respective midfields, it was left to striker Howard Forrington to ultimately decide the match as he nodded from a corner home less than 10 minutes into the second half.
You may also want to watch:
The loss sees Ian Benamin's men slip to 12th in the Zameretto League Division One with just two games left this season.
In a largely flat opening half, chances were at a premium for both sides with the best chance falling to United's Neil King, who was unlucky to see his shot from distance slip narrowly wide.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
Charles Libam had a shot well saved early in the second half, before Forrington headed home from a corner to give the home side the lead.
Dubi Ogbonna had an effort cleared off the line late on but the home side held on for the win.