Greens Let Lead Slip At Bury
Bury Town 2 Soham Town Rangers 1 SOHAM Town Rangers excellent run of form was brought to an end on Easter Monday as they squandered an early lead to lose at Bury. Greens talisman Michael Simpson had handed the visitors a deserved lead midway through the
Bury Town 2
Soham Town Rangers 1
SOHAM Town Rangers' excellent run of form was brought to an end on Easter Monday as they squandered an early lead to lose at Bury.
Greens' talisman Michael Simpson had handed the visitors a deserved lead midway through the first-half only for Bury to equalise and subsequently snatch a winner 10 minutes from time.
You may also want to watch:
The loss, Soham's first in a remarkable seven-match unbeaten run, sees them slip to 13th place in the Zameretto Midlands League.
Confidence was high among Ian Benjamin's men coming into the game as a recent run of four-straight wins had propelled them up into mid-table and seen them notch up some 10 goals.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Though Bury had some good early chances, Soham proved dangerous on the counter-attack and took the lead after 35 minutes as Simpson latched onto a through-ball to fire past the home keeper.
Soham's hard work was undone in first-half injury time however, as Bury's Gavin Johnson was brought down in the box, with the resulting penalty comfortably slotted home by Ben Coker.
The second-half started strongly for the visitors, and they forged a number of good opportunities before Bury took control and started to exert pressure on the Soham goal.
Some good work from Jamie Chamberlain between the posts ultimately went unrewarded however, as Kieran Leabon netted from a well-placed cross.
Scott Carter had a good chance to level late on for the Greens but he dragged his low shot wide under pressure.