Greens Get Into A Flap Against Ducks.
A LACKLUSTRE display from Soham saw them lose 4-1 away at midtable Aylesbury United on Wednesday night. A hat trick from Ducks ace Chris Marsh was the difference between the sides as the Greens struggled to deal with the forwards attacking pace and move
A LACKLUSTRE display from Soham saw them lose 4-1 away at midtable Aylesbury United on Wednesday night.
A hat trick from Ducks' ace Chris Marsh was the difference between the sides as the Greens struggled to deal with the forwards' attacking pace and movement, ultimately consigning them to their third defeat in five games.
The tone of the match was set early on as United's Nathan Graham netted to open the scoring after just six minutes. Matters soon become worse for the Greens when Marsh netted his first of the night just after the 20 minute mark to double the score.
Soham rallied at half-time and looked a far stronger proposition as play resumed, but they were unable to stop from going three goals behind as Marsh slotted home from the penalty-spot.
You may also want to watch:
One of Soham's only bright-spots on the night was youngster Shawn Richards who continued to raise his stock with another bright performance. His endeavour was rewarded on 75 minutes with a goal to give Soham a glimmer of hope going into the final 10 minutes.
Any hopes of another Bedworth-style comeback from Soham were dashed with two minutes to spare however, when Marsh scored once again to complete his hat trick and seal the points.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens