Greens crash out of League Cup
Wroxham 0 Soham Town Rangers 0 (Wroxham win 7-6 on penalties)
Ryman League Cup
SOHAM crashed out of the league cup on a misty evening in Norfolk as Wroxham triumphed on penalties.
Neither side was able to find a breakthrough in a laborious 90 minutes and the game proceeding straight to spot-kicks, with Soham coming up short as Wroxham booked their place in the quarter-finals, where they will face Concord Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
The result came just three days after Fallon’s men racked up their fourth win in six games, Luke Stanley scoring from close range in the 14th minute to hand the Greens a 1-0 win over Chatham Town.
In-form striker Robbie Mason hit the bar with a deft shot from close range and Michael Simpson also had a flurry of efforts slip just wide but the Greens were unable to add to their early advantage.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
Rodrigue N’Diane found himself well placed to equalise for Chatham midway through the second half but, with time and space in the Soham box, could only fire straight at Dan Bircham.
The victory moves them up into seventh place in the Ryman League Division One North ahead of their trip to mid-table Waltham Abbey on Saturday.