Greens crash out of League Cup
Wroxham 0 Soham Town Rangers 0 (Wroxham win 7-6 on penalties)
Ryman League Cup
SOHAM crashed out of the league cup on a misty evening in Norfolk as Wroxham triumphed on penalties.
Neither side was able to find a breakthrough in a laborious 90 minutes and the game proceeding straight to spot-kicks, with Soham coming up short as Wroxham booked their place in the quarter-finals, where they will face Concord Rangers.
The result came just three days after Fallon’s men racked up their fourth win in six games, Luke Stanley scoring from close range in the 14th minute to hand the Greens a 1-0 win over Chatham Town.
In-form striker Robbie Mason hit the bar with a deft shot from close range and Michael Simpson also had a flurry of efforts slip just wide but the Greens were unable to add to their early advantage.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
Rodrigue N’Diane found himself well placed to equalise for Chatham midway through the second half but, with time and space in the Soham box, could only fire straight at Dan Bircham.
The victory moves them up into seventh place in the Ryman League Division One North ahead of their trip to mid-table Waltham Abbey on Saturday.