Greens Bounce Back Against Aylesbury
SOHAM Town Rangers bounced back from their weekend defeat to Sutton with a commanding 5-1 victory over struggling Aylesbury United on Tuesday night. The Greens were unfortunate to lose out to Sutton at the weekend but they showed no ill effects from the d
SOHAM Town Rangers bounced back from their weekend defeat to Sutton with a commanding 5-1 victory over struggling Aylesbury United on Tuesday night.
The Greens were unfortunate to lose out to Sutton at the weekend but they showed no ill effects from the defeat against United as they shrugged off an early setback to come through convincing winners.
The win moves Ian Benjamin's men up into 10th position in the Zameretto Midlands Division with just three game remaining this season.
The match itself got off to an ideal start for the Greens as Deakan Napier streak after just seven minutes to move the home side ahead.
To their credit Aylesbury rallied after the goal and restored parity after 16 minutes as Robert Bartley struck. A brief period of pressure from the visitors followed in the wake of the goal but Soham rode the storm well and managed to regain the lead on the half-hour mark through the returning Michael Simpson.
Simpson's goal, sparked a resurgence from the Greens and they added another goal before half-time as Richard Gammon struck.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
After the break, Soham continued their assault and a rare goal from defender Thomas Liberatore and a superb strike from Michale Simpson ensured the three points were secured.
Soham's Scott Carter eludes his Sutton opponent on Saturday 4883HD Photo: HELEN DRAKE