Greens Bounce Back Against Aylesbury
SOHAM Town Rangers bounced back from their weekend defeat to Sutton with a commanding 5-1 victory over struggling Aylesbury United on Tuesday night. The Greens were unfortunate to lose out to Sutton at the weekend but they showed no ill effects from the d
SOHAM Town Rangers bounced back from their weekend defeat to Sutton with a commanding 5-1 victory over struggling Aylesbury United on Tuesday night.
The Greens were unfortunate to lose out to Sutton at the weekend but they showed no ill effects from the defeat against United as they shrugged off an early setback to come through convincing winners.
The win moves Ian Benjamin's men up into 10th position in the Zameretto Midlands Division with just three game remaining this season.
The match itself got off to an ideal start for the Greens as Deakan Napier streak after just seven minutes to move the home side ahead.
You may also want to watch:
To their credit Aylesbury rallied after the goal and restored parity after 16 minutes as Robert Bartley struck. A brief period of pressure from the visitors followed in the wake of the goal but Soham rode the storm well and managed to regain the lead on the half-hour mark through the returning Michael Simpson.
Simpson's goal, sparked a resurgence from the Greens and they added another goal before half-time as Richard Gammon struck.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Car crashes into wall outside village Co-op
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
After the break, Soham continued their assault and a rare goal from defender Thomas Liberatore and a superb strike from Michale Simpson ensured the three points were secured.
Soham's Scott Carter eludes his Sutton opponent on Saturday 4883HD Photo: HELEN DRAKE