Greens Bounce Back Against Aylesbury
SOHAM Town Rangers bounced back from their weekend defeat to Sutton with a commanding 5-1 victory over struggling Aylesbury United on Tuesday night. The Greens were unfortunate to lose out to Sutton at the weekend but they showed no ill effects from the d
SOHAM Town Rangers bounced back from their weekend defeat to Sutton with a commanding 5-1 victory over struggling Aylesbury United on Tuesday night.
The Greens were unfortunate to lose out to Sutton at the weekend but they showed no ill effects from the defeat against United as they shrugged off an early setback to come through convincing winners.
The win moves Ian Benjamin's men up into 10th position in the Zameretto Midlands Division with just three game remaining this season.
The match itself got off to an ideal start for the Greens as Deakan Napier streak after just seven minutes to move the home side ahead.
You may also want to watch:
To their credit Aylesbury rallied after the goal and restored parity after 16 minutes as Robert Bartley struck. A brief period of pressure from the visitors followed in the wake of the goal but Soham rode the storm well and managed to regain the lead on the half-hour mark through the returning Michael Simpson.
Simpson's goal, sparked a resurgence from the Greens and they added another goal before half-time as Richard Gammon struck.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 Grants available for organisations in Ely
After the break, Soham continued their assault and a rare goal from defender Thomas Liberatore and a superb strike from Michale Simpson ensured the three points were secured.
Soham's Scott Carter eludes his Sutton opponent on Saturday 4883HD Photo: HELEN DRAKE