New Soham Town Rangers chairman ‘extremely proud’ as Greens romp to pre-season win
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers have appointed their new chairman ahead of the 2020-21 season.
Mark Goldsack will replace Karen Prewett who held the role for the last two years, following the club’s annual general meeting.
Prewett will become vice-chairperson alongside Graham Eley.
Goldsack is no stranger to the Greens, having watched the club during his childhood before both a playing and coaching spell, and was appointed to the club’s board in 2018 when he was elected as vice-chairman.
“I’m extremely proud to have been voted in as the new chairman of Soham Town Rangers. We have realistic ambitions for this humble but great club,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
On the pitch, Jake Andrews scored four goals for Soham as they dispatched step seven outfit Cherry Hinton 8-0 in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.
Robbie Mason’s men continue their season preparations at Stowmarket Town tomorrow (Tuesday, 7.45pm), before travelling to Lakenheath on Friday night, 7.45pm.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry