New Soham Town Rangers chairman ‘extremely proud’ as Greens romp to pre-season win
- Credit: Archant
Soham Town Rangers have appointed their new chairman ahead of the 2020-21 season.
Mark Goldsack will replace Karen Prewett who held the role for the last two years, following the club’s annual general meeting.
Prewett will become vice-chairperson alongside Graham Eley.
Goldsack is no stranger to the Greens, having watched the club during his childhood before both a playing and coaching spell, and was appointed to the club’s board in 2018 when he was elected as vice-chairman.
“I’m extremely proud to have been voted in as the new chairman of Soham Town Rangers. We have realistic ambitions for this humble but great club,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
On the pitch, Jake Andrews scored four goals for Soham as they dispatched step seven outfit Cherry Hinton 8-0 in a pre-season friendly on Saturday.
Robbie Mason’s men continue their season preparations at Stowmarket Town tomorrow (Tuesday, 7.45pm), before travelling to Lakenheath on Friday night, 7.45pm.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered