GOLF: Ella Mason crowned Ely City Golf Club’s youngest ever Ladies champion
- Credit: Archant
Ella Mason has been crowned Ely Golf Club’s Ladies Champion – at the age of just 14.
The youngster became the club’s youngest ever champion after coming from behind to snatch the title from Tina Broadley.
Broadley took the lead with a gross score of 78 with Mason four shots behind, but the 14-year-old played some excellent golf in the afternoon to chalk up 161 and claim the title.
Tina’s net score saw her take the Handicap trophy.
In Division Two, a four-hole medal play-off between Alice Greatwood and Liz Smith was needed to determine the winner of the trophy for the best gross score, as both players had returned scores of 194.
You may also want to watch:
Liz took an early lead on the first extra hole and retained the lead through the final three holes to win the Bronze Robin trophy. Greatwood won the Bronze Handicap trophy.
In the competition for senior players, Anne Anslow had a solid round of 79 to win the Brown Bowl and Karen Jahnke won the Mortimer Cup - a competition for players with a 36 handicap - with a round of 81.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told