King’s Ely golfers win National ISGA Plate Finals
- Credit: Archant
The King’s Ely Golf Academy has been crowned the winner of the National Independent Schools Golf Association’s (ISGA) Plate Finals at Collingtree Park Golf Club.
The team – made up of King’s Ely Senior students David Harris and Tom Stiff, and King’s Ely Junior pupil Paul Collington – brought the silverware home with a team score of 115 points.
In May, Paul Collington and Ben Collier, both King’s Ely Junior pupils, competed at the ISGA Junior Stableford at Sunningdale Heath Golf Club.
Ben won the individual Net Prize on the day and the pair came second overall.
Weeks before, Paul won the Wellington College Silver Salver Team Nett Prize, and Ben won the Nett Division on the day.
You may also want to watch:
Fellow golf academy member, Thomas Jackson, claimed second in the individual division.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse