Gold medals galore for Haddenham trio
THE young stars of Haddenham and Ely Amateur Boxing Club strutted their stuff on the international stage at the weekend, competing against some of Europe’s brightest talents in Denmark.
Jack Halls, 16, Matt Tumber, 23 and James Warren, 14, were all in action at the competition, which featured young fighters from across the continent, including Germany, France and the Netherlands.
Halls impressed against Colm McElhill of Derrylin ABC, taking the gold medal in a hard-fought under 52kg bout. The 16-year-old was also in action in the 50kg category, beating M Riley to take his second gold medal.
Tumber, fighting Nicoli Yuldall of the Denmark-based Valby IK ABC, also came away with a gold thanks to an excellent points win in the 86-90kg category.
You may also want to watch:
Youngster Warren completed a hat-trick of wins for the Haddenham club with a comfortable win over Adam Kashan of Team Bredahl ABC.
Halls will be in action again on Saturday as he travels to the midlands to take part in the first round of the annual CYP Championships. Tumber will be boxing at a show in Cambridge and Warren will be in action at the home of Dagenham ABC in Essex.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Haddenham and Ely ABC’s first boxing show of the new season takes place at the City of Ely Community College on November 5.