Judo gold medal win for King’s Ely pupil Lucas
- Credit: Archant
King’s Ely Junior pupil Lucas Hilcenko won a gold medal at a national Judo competition.
Lucas, 12, who lives with his family in Sutton, represented the school at the Headmasters’ and Headmistresses’ Conference (HMC) Independent School Boys’ Judo Tournament.
The competition took place at High Wycombe Judo Centre in Buckinghamshire.
Lucas, who has been a pupil at King’s Ely since joining King’s Ely Acremont Nursery aged just two, competed against two other boys on the day and won a gold medal in the ‘less than 50kg/under 14 category’.
Head of King’s Ely Junior, Richard Whymark, said: “Lucas has worked so hard over the years to develop his Judo skills to this level. It is a great source of pleasure for us to see his hard work paying off this way.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucas is a member of the busy King’s Ely Judo Club.
To discover more about opportunities at King’s Ely visit www.kingsely.org
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation