Gold medal for Ely debutant Cerys
- Credit: Archant
Tae Kwon-Do Ely’s Cerys Easey stole the show as she took top spot in the sparring category in her very first competition.
The blue belt fighter fought off some of the region’s best young competitors at the Midlands Championships held on Sunday, at the Worcester Arena, to take gold at her debut show.
A total of 16 fighting areas ran throughout the day, with more than 500 competitors and 100 officials.
Cerys, who trains at the Paradise Centre, in Ely, joined 22 fellow students of the Mark Farnham School who took part in the tournament – with pattern, sparring, destruction and team sparring events during the day.
Mark Farnham said: “A total of 20 medals were won at this competition including a massive 11 golds, to win any award at this event is a fantastic achievement, so very well done to my students.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in learning a martial art can contact Mark on 07771644460 or visit our web site www.mftkd.co.uk
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools