Goddard sparks Town to victory
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION Mildenhall Town 3 Harwich and Parkeston 0 THE signing of Histon defender Colin Vowden is sure to strengthen Mildenhall s squad for the remainder of the season as they notched up their second successive win on Tuesday night. Vowde
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION
Mildenhall Town 3 Harwich and Parkeston 0
THE signing of Histon defender Colin Vowden is sure to strengthen Mildenhall's squad for the remainder of the season as they notched up their second successive win on Tuesday night.
Vowden, who played at Wembley whilst at Kettering, has left the Stutes and becomes the third player to join Trevor Munns' side, with Louie Farrington and Wayne Goddard also swapping the Glassworld Stadium for Recreation Way in recent weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Goddard himself opened the scoring for 'Hall on Tuesday from the penalty spot on the half-hour after a handball, before Owen Paynter slotted home the second five minutes later after a fine solo run.
The scoring was rounded off 10 minutes from time, Niall Inman converting a cross from impressive winger Sean Heffernan.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
Assistant manager Ricky Cornish said: "Harwich battled hard - just like a team which is fighting for its life, really.
"It's always pleasing to score three goals and keep a clean sheet. I was impressed by Heffernan - if he continues to listen he will go far in the game."
'Hall entertain Norwich United on Saturday, before a local derby at Soham Town Rangers on Tuesday night.
Ely City's interest in the East Anglian Cup ended at the third round stage on Tuesday.
They were beaten 1-0 at Northern Premier Division One side Spalding United.
The Robins travel to Godmanchester Rovers on Monday night for a league fixture.