Goals galore as Ely sides face off in derby
- Credit: Archant
Netball Ely Netball Club I 54 City of Ely III 40
There were goals aplenty when local rivals Ely Netball Club and City of Ely faced each other in Division 3 of the Cambridge and District Netball League.
City started the better as Ely struggled to settle but Ely began to find their form at the end of the first quarter, finishing up with a two-goal lead.
Ely’s shooting partnership, Janice Quarrier and Anita Reidy, were in fine form in the second quarter and pulled Ely in to a 10-goal lead by half-time.
Ely continued to dominate after the break, edging further ahead each quarter with excellent defending in the opposition’s circle by Alison Crombie and Victoria Cutforth.
You may also want to watch:
Mid court players Celeste Gordon, Sue Tune and Debbie Knott ensured the ball flowed down the court for Quarrier and Reidy to net at every opportunity giving them their highest goal scoring tally of the season with 54 goals.
Janice Quarrier was voted player of the match for her excellent shooting.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre
Ely Netball Club is holding a new members evening on Wednesday, January 28, in the gym at Witchford Village College, from 7.30-9pm. Back to netballers and players of all standards are welcome. Players need to be over 18.
If you are interested in coming along to this free session and giving netball a try, contact email@example.com or just turn up on the night.