LOCAL FOOTBALL: Chris Gibson returns as Soham Town Rangers Reserves boss with a win
- Credit: Archant
There was a happy return to the dug-out for Chris Gibson last weekend.
Gibson, whose playing days were ended last year following a broken leg, returned to the dugout to take the reigns at Soham Town Rangers Reserves.
And he managed to guide them to a much-needed win in the Kershaw Senior A Division, with Will Gardner, Marcus Hall and Oliver Henderson finding the net in a 3-0 victory over Cottenham United.
Gibson will hope to add another win on Saturday when his men travel to in-form Fowlmere (2pm).
The second-placed side trail leaders Over Sports on goal difference and are yet to be beaten on home soil this season.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, in the Mead, Plant and Grab 1B Division, Littleport Town extended their unbeaten run to three games with a 2-2 draw at fifth-placed Houghton & Wyton.
Jon Bartlett and Michael Jorden found the net for ‘Port, who travel to AFC Barley Mow on Saturday (2pm).
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 10 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser