Get set for wrestling in Soham
CHAMPIONSHIP wrestling, renowned for its sparkly costumes and gaudy characters, is coming to Soham this month.
The event will be visiting Soham for the first time on Saturday, February 25, at the Brook Theatre, with the first bell sounding at 2pm.
Promoter Sanja Bagga said: “It’s live theatre and very much a family show with plenty of audience involvement. It’s all about fun, excitement and atmosphere and the children can bring bring signs for their favourite wrestlers.”
The event will see the mysterious masked man The Dark Lord fighting for the LDN British Heavyweight Championship against champion Alan Lee Travis in a falls count anywhere street fight!
“It’s great to see wrestling coming to Soham, we hope to have a busy afternoon. It’s an afternoon show, the kids have worked very hard all week in school and this is a great treat for them. I can’t wait to defend my title and meet the great fans of Soham,” said LDN British Champion Travis.
You may also want to watch:
The event will also see 10 wrestlers fight in the championship rumble, where the wrestlers have to throw each other over the top rope with the last man in the ring being crowned the winner.
Featuring in the rumble include Richard Parliament, Peckham Playboy Hakan, Bristol Hard Man, Team Hate and so many more.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 10 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
The event takes place at the Brook Theatre. Tickets are priced �12 for general admission and �10 for concessions. Doors open at 1.30pm, with the first bell at 2pm. Call now on 01353 721 748 or purchase them on the night. The event is suitable for all the family with no age restrictions.