Georgia and Lewis named 10is Academy tennis players of the year
- Credit: Archant
Georgia Shields and Lewis Leonard have been named the 10is Academy’s tennis players of the year.
Lewis Leonard was nominated after reaching several semi-finals and finals in various competitions across the county.
He also played (among other junior players) for the Ely TC men’s 3rd team who have managed to stay in the division with several matches left to be played.
In the girl’s competition, Georgia Shields showed constant improvement and high dedication over the year. Georgia competed for 10is Academy and her school against players up to three years older than her.
Sebastien Scaux, director of 10is Academy, said: “Last year’s competition was easy to judge with the winner’s talent largely above the others at the time.
“Amazingly, a lot of players rose to the challenge and greatly improved making this year a really close race. But at the end both winners achieved more than their competition.”
Both winners received apparels that will monitor the quality of their shots in terms of speed and spin which would help them to identify their strength and weaknesses.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
“The players are pushing each other and this healthy competition is helping the players to improve quickly.
“They are a real inspiration to the younger generation,” added Mr Scaux.
If you or your child is interested in playing tennis, visit www.10is-academy.com or email email@example.com