GALLERY: Wilburton back to winning ways with success over Littleport
- Credit: Archant
CCA Division 2N
In a relatively low-scoring match, Wilburton moved back up into fourth place in the league with a four-wicket win over Littleport.
Littleport found themselves deep in trouble at 59-9 before Ben Shipp joined Nick Marsh at the crease and the pair added 52 runs in 31 minutes for the last wicket.
Earlier, Richard Padmore (2-12) and Ian Jacobs, who had a 4-6 spell, had done the damage.
Marsh was last out for 62, which including 10 boundaries and Shipp ended his innings on nine not out.
You may also want to watch:
Wilburton’s Jacobs finished with figures of 5-39 as Littleport were all out for 111.
Chris Farnell (2-20) and James South (0-12) left Wilburton at just 36 for 2 off 20 overs.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Opener Tom Jordan held the innings together, scoring 45 as the hosts made it to 84-4.
Three quick wickets threatened to damage Wilburton’s victory push but Lee Newton (29*) and Paul Dewey saw Wilburton to the points in the 39th over.