GALLERY: Wilburton back to winning ways with success over Littleport
- Credit: Archant
CCA Division 2N
In a relatively low-scoring match, Wilburton moved back up into fourth place in the league with a four-wicket win over Littleport.
Littleport found themselves deep in trouble at 59-9 before Ben Shipp joined Nick Marsh at the crease and the pair added 52 runs in 31 minutes for the last wicket.
Earlier, Richard Padmore (2-12) and Ian Jacobs, who had a 4-6 spell, had done the damage.
Marsh was last out for 62, which including 10 boundaries and Shipp ended his innings on nine not out.
Wilburton’s Jacobs finished with figures of 5-39 as Littleport were all out for 111.
Chris Farnell (2-20) and James South (0-12) left Wilburton at just 36 for 2 off 20 overs.
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 6 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Poet, Jo, shares poem in memory of sister to mark World Cancer Day
Opener Tom Jordan held the innings together, scoring 45 as the hosts made it to 84-4.
Three quick wickets threatened to damage Wilburton’s victory push but Lee Newton (29*) and Paul Dewey saw Wilburton to the points in the 39th over.