GALLERY: Tough times for Ely as they are well beaten by Cambs rivals
- Credit: Archant
Hockey Ely City II 0 St Neots I 6
Ely were put to the sword by their Cambridgeshire rivals St Neots, on Saturday.
City were looking to build on last week’s draw at Spalding II – their first point of the season – but were out of sorts against St Neots at the Downham Road ground and were soundly beaten.
The visitor’s Phil Johns needed only five minutes to break the deadlock and further goals quickly followed. Darren Coles and Daniel Sutton added their names to the scoresheet in the second half before Brett Nunn completed the scoring from a short corner.
Without a win in 20 games, Ely have already been relegated from East Division 3NW and face starting next season down in 4NW.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Ely City I went down by a single goal at Dereham II in Division 2N.
The first team have also found life difficult in 2015 but can still avoid relegation with victories in their final two matches.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation