GALLERY: Port set eyes on top spot as Bartlett leads rout
- Credit: Archant
NMC Division 1B Red hot Jon Bartlett hit four as Littleport Town hammered Eaton Socon Reserves 7-0.
Four-goal Bartlett was joined on the scoresheet by Sam Murfitt, with his 10th of the season, and Richie Murfitt, who struck twice.
Victory kept Port in fourth place in the table, some 12 points behind the league leaders, albeit with four games in hand.
Elsewhere, a Tom Williams hat-trick fired Burwell Swifts to a comfortable 5-0 win over Manea United.
Williams took his tally for the season to 18, while goals from Josef de Pfeiffer and substitute Daniel Jones capped a fine victory.
Kershaw Premier Division
Charlie Russell’s goal was scant consolation for Soham Town Rangers Reserves as they went down 3-1 at Cambridge University Press.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Defeat sees Cambridge leap-frog Soham, leaving the Greens second string struggling in second from bottom of the league.
Kershaw Senior B
Witchford 96 made it two league wins on the spin with a narrow 1-0 victory at Hardwick Reserves.
NMC Division 2B
Two goals against the wind in the opening 15 minutes set Fordham on their way to a 4-0 victory over Mildenhall United.
Lee Moatt scored with a superb volley from Alex Theobald’s cross before Vinnie Long set up Will Tyte for the hosts second.
In the second half, Tyte scored his second of the match with a fine header and Alex Theobald rounded things off from Tom Thatcher’s pass, 15 minutes from time.
Elsewhere, Isleham United drew a blank against Red Lodge, with the sides sharing the spoils in a goalless draw.
NMC Division 3B
Soham Unites Reserves returned to winning ways with a 4-1 success at The Eagle, on Saturday.
Burwell Swifts Reserves were unable to raise a team for their trip to Wisbech St Mary B and defaulted.
NMC Division 4B
Scott Dews was the hero as Littleport Town Reserves picked up a 2-1 win on the road at Waterbeach Colts Old Boys.
Dews netted a brace to give Port a narrow win which lifts them into second place in the table, some 13 points behind league leaders Lakenheath, albeit with two games in hand.
NMC Division 5A
Fordham Reserves went down 2-1 at Balsham, with Wes Reid’s penalty kick proving just a consolation for the visitors.
NMC Division 5C
Witchford 96 Reserves were well-beaten by visiting Wisbech St Mary C, on Saturday.
Two goals from Ricky Mason and a solo effort from Jess Hemmings saw Wisbech to a comfortable win.