GALLERY: Little Downham hoping to chase down Milton after league derby glory
- Credit: Archant
LITTLE Downham captain David Cutforth says his side can chase down Milton and claim league glory after a comprehensive six wicket win over rivals Sutton on Saturday.
His side sits second in CCA Junior Division 2N, 23 points behind leaders Milton, with six games remaining.
Ryan Duffield took 4-28 and James White picked up 4-30 as Little Downham skittled out Sutton for a paltry 123.
Cutforth made an unbeaten 40, Duffield scored 28 and White contributed 18 not out as they chased down the modest target with ease.
Cutforth said: “It was hard work but the bowlers bowled very well and we are very pleased with the result.
“If we can string a few more wins together there is a good chance we can chase down Milton.
“The problem is in this league you only play eachother once, either home or away, and we have already beat them this year so we can’t take points off them again.”
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 6 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 7 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 8 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 9 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
- 10 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
Sutton captain James Nuttall could not contain his frustration at his side’s batting performance, in which Ryan Bowles top-scored with 28.
Glen Campbell, with 25, and Ren Barnard, with a sprightly 19 not out, were the only other batsmen to trouble the scorers.
He said: “We are very disappointed to be honest.
“The heat took its toll on us and we were outplayed.
“On that track we could have scored 200 runs but we had a bad start and they bowled very well.
“We are determined to bounce back against Leverington on Saturday.”