GALLERY: Little Downham hoping to chase down Milton after league derby glory
- Credit: Archant
LITTLE Downham captain David Cutforth says his side can chase down Milton and claim league glory after a comprehensive six wicket win over rivals Sutton on Saturday.
His side sits second in CCA Junior Division 2N, 23 points behind leaders Milton, with six games remaining.
Ryan Duffield took 4-28 and James White picked up 4-30 as Little Downham skittled out Sutton for a paltry 123.
Cutforth made an unbeaten 40, Duffield scored 28 and White contributed 18 not out as they chased down the modest target with ease.
Cutforth said: “It was hard work but the bowlers bowled very well and we are very pleased with the result.
You may also want to watch:
“If we can string a few more wins together there is a good chance we can chase down Milton.
“The problem is in this league you only play eachother once, either home or away, and we have already beat them this year so we can’t take points off them again.”
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
Sutton captain James Nuttall could not contain his frustration at his side’s batting performance, in which Ryan Bowles top-scored with 28.
Glen Campbell, with 25, and Ren Barnard, with a sprightly 19 not out, were the only other batsmen to trouble the scorers.
He said: “We are very disappointed to be honest.
“The heat took its toll on us and we were outplayed.
“On that track we could have scored 200 runs but we had a bad start and they bowled very well.
“We are determined to bounce back against Leverington on Saturday.”