Gallery: Blackburn leaves it late for good Sports

Under-7 Mepal Sports 2 Bluntisham Blasters 1 A CRACKING game of football between two equally talented teams. Blasters opened the scoring with a superb effort, only to be cancelled out by Mepal s Elliot Martin to make it 1-1. Mepal waited until the dying


Mepal Sports 2 Bluntisham Blasters 1

A CRACKING game of football between two equally talented teams. Blasters opened the scoring with a superb effort, only to be cancelled out by Mepal's Elliot Martin to make it 1-1.

Mepal waited until the dying seconds of the game to break the stalemate with Ben Blackburn slotting a shot through a packed goal area to win the match. Mepal player of the match was Jon Collins.

Ely Crusaders 4 Burwell Tigers 2

ELY Crusaders took the lead with a goal from Joshua Crowe-Haylett in the first quarter. Owen Cole added a second shortly after. With continued pressure and some good team play, Burwell Tigers pulled a goal back but a scorching diagonal drive in the bottom corner from Matt Stearn put Ely right back in the driving seat.

Most Read

Both teams battled hard, and Ely's perseverance paid off with a fourth goal, again coming from Stearn. Burwell pulled a goal back in the last quarter but Ely held the lead.


Ely Crusaders 7 Littleport 1

A DISJOINTED display by Crusaders gave them victory against plucky Littleport.

Alex Brown's close range shot gave Ely a good start but some lacklustre shooting kept the scoreline close. Just before half time Ely's James Barrett claimed a quick fire hat-trick and Littleport netted an own goal.

The first goal of the second period came from a fine Littleport free kick. Ely responded quickly, through Jake Butler and George Leech, to leave a 7-1 final score.

Haddenham Rovers Colts 1

Isleham United 0

HADDENHAM completed the double over Isleham by a single Josh Lowe goal. Isleham pushed for an equaliser but it was not to be. Joshua Akinwumi sparkled on his debut and set up several good opportunities with Joseph Alsop and Charlie Tunnell solid in defence. They reduced the visitors to few choices and the home side ran out deserved winners.

Haddenham Man of the Match: Joshua Akinwumi.

Stretham Sporting FC 6 Sutton Rangers 4

STRETHAM Sporting hosted Sutton Rangers in an extremely entertaining game. Stretham scored after five minutes, then notched up two more goals in quick succession. After the break, Max Driver made it 4-0. Sutton's Alex Hazeldine pulled one back and moments later Ben Schumacher made it 4-2. After the second break, Stretham quickly scored two more goals to bring their total to six. Schumacher scored another in the final quarter then Aydon Batchelor scored Sutton's fourth and final goal. Man of the Match: Benjamin Schumacher.

Burwell 2 Mepal Sports 5

MEPAL Sports turned in a gritty performance to overcome a useful Burwell side. George Rayner was in fine form for Sports in a man of the match performance that saw him grab two goals. Burwell were still in the hunt entering the closing period, but late strikes from Daniel Oakland, Harrison Jones and James Knox saw Mepal home in style. In midfield Jacob Waters, Serifo Balde, Thomas Smith and Kassem Silvain worked hard for Sports.


Witchford Colts A 5 Little Downham Eagles 0

A GOOD performance gave Witchford their first win for a while, with Matthew Loades opening the scoring after seven minutes. Downham struggled to get into the game and an own goal by the Downham team followed by more from Loades, Euan Gilmour and Daniel Chapman left the Witchford team with a comfortable win, despite the windy weather. Witchford's Man of the Match was Harry Braybrooke.

Littleport 1 Ely Crusaders 6

ELY started brightly and it wasn't long before Kyle Thurston put a pin point pass into Max Wright's path to score the first goal. Ely continued to pressurise and Littleport battled bravely to keep them at bay. Ely had scored four before Littleport pulled one back in the second half but Ely were always in command and finished the game 6-1 winners. Goals came from Max Wright (2), Alfie Green (2) Finley Logan and Chris Lewis.


Milton Colts 2 Soham Town Colts 1

BOTH teams had lost only one league game each all season, so lined up for a crunch encounter. Milton's attack was matched by some superb defending for Soham by Samuel Hewitt, Travis Issacson and Kyle Allgood and the first half ended goalless.

Milton scored first in the second half and, as Soham pushed forward, Milton took advantage and scored again.

Eventually Soham were rewarded when Conan Isaacson scored. Man of the Match: Connor Cotterill.


Brampton Spartans 1 Littleport Town Colts 2

PORT ground out another hard earned win in an evenly fought contest. Brampton took the lead against the run of play but rarely threatened again in the first half before Colt Harvey equalised before half time.

He scored his second, and what proved to be the winner, mid-way through the second half. Man of the Match: Tom Faulkner.

Warboys Colts 2 Soham Utd 6

SOHAM scored a goal in the first minute from Paul Wallis and Zak Rash scored the second shortly after. The Soham defence dealt with the Warboys attack before Wallis took the Soham lead to three before half time. Rash got his second and Wallis took the Soham tally to six with two more. Warboys were rewarded with two goals.

Soham's Men of the Match were the back four: Will Tombs, Alex King, Ryan Pearce and Steven Porter.

Haddenham Rovers Colts 6 Bluntisham Town 3

HADDENHAM dominated the first half, taking the lead on seven minutes when Joe Snooks scored. John Falconer soon made it 2 - 0, then Alex Lowe scored for Haddenham, making it 3 - 0. James Beary completed the first half scoring. Bluntisham scored early in the second half but Joe Snooks made it 5 - 1 with the game's best goal. Bluntisham never gave up and scored their second before Falconer scored his second. Bluntisham completed the scoring to make the final score 6 - 3 to Rovers.


Waterbeach Colts 3

Littleport Town 8

PORT moved into second place in the league following this away win. Nico Bishop scored two early goals, only for Waterbeach to pull one back. Carl Lightfoot then replied with the best goal of the game. Bishop scored two more to finish the half. Waterbeach scored early in the second half but Port soon increased their lead with two Ben Jewitt goals. The home side did score again but Bishop rounded off a good display from Port.


Soham Town Colts 3 Alconbury Colts 2

SOHAM finished league champions after a hard fought win over Alconbury. Alconbury took the lead and, although Soham battled well, the score remained 0-1 at the break. Soham's Dan Driver scored the equaliser in the second half then James Seymour put Soham ahead. Alconbury scored next for 2-2. Soham got their final goal with only minutes remaining when Dan Driver pounced to win the match and the league title.

Soham Man of the Match: James Seymour.

Hardwick 0 Little Downham 1

DOWNHAM made it three wins in four games in their last match of the season against third placed Hardwick. Central defenders Matt Waites and Alex Newton absorbed early pressure while Dan Flood and Cameron Walker kept things tight down each flank. The midfield was a battle of attrition with Nick Chalmers, Ypeng Cheng, George Powell and Tom Edgley subduing Hardwick.

Downham started strongly in the second half and, with 12 minutes remaining, David Greaves made the breakthrough with the only goal of the game.


Cottenham Utd Colts 1 Ely Crusaders 1

COTTENHAM were on the attack from the starting whistle and forced two great saves from the visiting goal keeper, Sam Males. Another attack saw a fumble in the Ely defence and the Cottenham striker tipped the ball into the bottom left of the net to take the lead. Ely took control at the start of the second half and Kurt Farr scored Ely's equaliser.