COLTS FOOTBALL: Haulage firm celebrate 70th anniversary by backing young Sutton Rangers side
A Cambridgeshire haulage firm decided to celebrate its 70th anniversary by lending a hand to a local team of young footballers.
G. Webb Haulage, of Longstanton, has backed Sutton Rangers under 12s by sponsoring the youngsters’ kit for the new season.
A spokesman said: “As a family company based in the local community, we are one of the fortunate companies to be celebrating our 70th anniversary.
“As one of the managing directors lives in Sutton, his wife, Amanda, decided it would be nice to give something back to the local community.
“Sutton Rangers just happened to be looking for someone to assist them with a new kit.”
You may also want to watch:
Director George Webb then went to Sutton on September 23 to meet with the team and pose for a photo alongside one of the firm’s lorries.
Sutton Rangers play in the Cambridge & District Colts League.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment