Future stars of boxing light up the ring at Chatteris Boxing Club’s home show
- Credit: Archant
Some of east Cambridgeshire’s finest young fighters flocked together last weekend at Chatteris Boxing Club’s home show.
Future stars of boxing from Haddenham, Chatteris and Wisbech took on opponents from Ipswich, Peterborough, Milton Keynes and Norwich as part of the show, held at Chatteris’ Cromwell College on Saturday November 21.
Chatteris-based professional boxer Jordan Gill was the show’s guest of honour, and the 21-year-old was treated to an evening of top quality boxing from some of Fenland’s rising stars.
Haddenham BC had three fighters step into the ring; Tariq Khan, Hope Price and Nathan Smith.
First up for Haddenham was Nathan Smith, who performed well over three rounds but lost to Cheshunt’s Joe Sharp.
Hope Price faced Ryan Williams of Chatteris, but fell to defeat after three minute-and-a-half rounds.
Haddenham had to wait until their last fight to experience victory; Tariq Khan boxed well over three rounds to get the win over Norwich Diamond’s I. Draper.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’