Future stars of boxing light up the ring at Chatteris Boxing Club’s home show
- Credit: Archant
Some of east Cambridgeshire’s finest young fighters flocked together last weekend at Chatteris Boxing Club’s home show.
Future stars of boxing from Haddenham, Chatteris and Wisbech took on opponents from Ipswich, Peterborough, Milton Keynes and Norwich as part of the show, held at Chatteris’ Cromwell College on Saturday November 21.
Chatteris-based professional boxer Jordan Gill was the show’s guest of honour, and the 21-year-old was treated to an evening of top quality boxing from some of Fenland’s rising stars.
Haddenham BC had three fighters step into the ring; Tariq Khan, Hope Price and Nathan Smith.
First up for Haddenham was Nathan Smith, who performed well over three rounds but lost to Cheshunt’s Joe Sharp.
You may also want to watch:
Hope Price faced Ryan Williams of Chatteris, but fell to defeat after three minute-and-a-half rounds.
Haddenham had to wait until their last fight to experience victory; Tariq Khan boxed well over three rounds to get the win over Norwich Diamond’s I. Draper.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion