Funny feet theme for hockey charity day
- Credit: Archant
Hockey ELY City players will be swapping their trainers for slippers as part of a ‘funny feet’ charity day taking place on September 15.
Four teams of players, featuring both men and women, will take part in the event at the club’s Downham Road ground, with each team choosing a different theme.
So far, cheesy feet and chicken feet have been chosen as themes, with players tasked with ditching their trainers and decorating their feet according to their theme.
The games will begin at 12.30pm and members of the public are invited to come down and watch and help raise funds for the Eve Appeal, a charity supporting research into gynaecological cancers.
Club member Gemma Neal, said: “The Eve Appeal is the only national gynaecological cancer research charity in the UK and being a club of many ladies of all ages, some of us at the club have either been personally affected or know of someone who has been affected by one of the five gynaecological cancers that affect women.
You may also want to watch:
“We are keen to raise awareness of the charity as much as awareness of the cancers and their symptoms and raise money also.”
The club is also on the look out for new players, and anyone interested in taking up the sport, or getting back into it, is encouraged to coke along on the day.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
Visit http://elycityhockeyclub.clubbuzz.co.uk/ for more information.