Freeland to the fore for Soham
- Credit: Archant
Table Tennis In Division 1, Martin Freeland led Soham from the front, winning his three against Martin Spott, Peters Zivtins and Peter Xie of Fulbourn I.
Spott and Xie wreaked vengeance on Tony Everitt, while Zivtins contented himself by beating Martin Heyes. Spott and Zivtins took the doubles against Freeland and Everitt to give Fulbourn the match, 6-4.
Division 2 action saw David Lam and Nick Gatherer winning three each and combining for the doubles as Fulbourn V overcame Ely III, 7-3. Neil Weir, Margaret Chambers and Fred Laband took a point each as Julian Atudosie struggled to settle.
Ely I, whose team members have won the Division 1 title for the past few seasons playing as Haddenham I, look set to catch Impington I and retain the title.
At the foot of the table, Soham Comrades I seem destined for the drop even though they still have two games to play.
You may also want to watch:
At the top of Division 2, Soham Comrades II have one game in hand against their own third string and should they win by ten points they would overtake Fulbourn III as champions. However, whatever the result these two teams will be promoted. Impington II and Soham Comrades IV are heading for Division 3 next season.
Elsworth II will be promoted as champions of Division 3 and will be accompanied on the upward path by Soham Comrades V.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on