Freeland to the fore for Soham
- Credit: Archant
Table Tennis In Division 1, Martin Freeland led Soham from the front, winning his three against Martin Spott, Peters Zivtins and Peter Xie of Fulbourn I.
Spott and Xie wreaked vengeance on Tony Everitt, while Zivtins contented himself by beating Martin Heyes. Spott and Zivtins took the doubles against Freeland and Everitt to give Fulbourn the match, 6-4.
Division 2 action saw David Lam and Nick Gatherer winning three each and combining for the doubles as Fulbourn V overcame Ely III, 7-3. Neil Weir, Margaret Chambers and Fred Laband took a point each as Julian Atudosie struggled to settle.
Ely I, whose team members have won the Division 1 title for the past few seasons playing as Haddenham I, look set to catch Impington I and retain the title.
At the foot of the table, Soham Comrades I seem destined for the drop even though they still have two games to play.
At the top of Division 2, Soham Comrades II have one game in hand against their own third string and should they win by ten points they would overtake Fulbourn III as champions. However, whatever the result these two teams will be promoted. Impington II and Soham Comrades IV are heading for Division 3 next season.
Elsworth II will be promoted as champions of Division 3 and will be accompanied on the upward path by Soham Comrades V.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team