Four Star Bevis' Excel In Grading
FOUR members of an Ely family were all celebrating achieving black-belt status in after a national grading event in Bristol. Siblings Laura, 14, Daisy and Amy,12, and 10 year-old Jack Bevis all capped three and a half years of hard work and training to be
FOUR members of an Ely family were all celebrating achieving black-belt status in after a national grading event in Bristol.
Siblings Laura, 14, Daisy and Amy,12, and 10 year-old Jack Bevis all capped three and a half years of hard work and training to be awarded their Tae Kwon Do black-belts, after a flawless performance at a national grading event.
The youngsters, who are all students at Witchford Village College in Cambridgeshire, attend the Mark Farnham karate school and all took up the sport together at the same time.
Instructor Mark Farnham said, "I have been teaching Tae Kwon Do for more than 20 years and I have never had four siblings who joined at the exactly the same time get right through to black belt level together.
"They have not missed a grading in all the time they have been with the school and for them to get through three and a half years without dropping out is something really special.
- 1 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 2 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 6 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday
- 7 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 8 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Father accused of baby girl's murder had a 'short temper'