Former Cub Sam Woods re-joins Mildenhall Fen Tigers ahead of season opener
- Credit: Archant
Mildenhall Fen Tigers have completed their team for the upcoming season by signing National League Fours champion, Sam Woods.
The 23-year-old joins after spending two years with Mildenhall’s rivals, Rye House, and will link up with 15-year-old prospect, Jordan Jenkins.
He said: “I’m very pleased to be joining the Fen Tigers. I used to ride there a few years ago with the Fen Tiger Cubs when I first started riding and I feel the move will work for me.
“The club is well run and there is lot of experience both on and off the track that can only help me improve my racing and my average.”
Fen Tigers co-promotor, James Easter, hailed the club’s latest addition.
You may also want to watch:
“Sam is a rider who has been on my mind for some while now,” he said.
“He impressed me with his spirit when he rode as a guest for us last season and there is no reason why he cannot kick on this coming season.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Woods joins the Fen Tigers team of captain Jon Armstrong, Jordan Jenkins, Danny Halsey, Connor Mountain, Luke Ruddick and Danno Verge.The Fen Tigers will kick off their new season on Sunday April 9 with the second running of the ‘Fen Fours’ (3pm), won last season by the ‘Mighty Manchetts,’ led by Jon Armstrong and Josh Bates.