Fordham suffer a setback
ELY AND DISTRICT BOWLS Men s League FORDHAM S run of eight wins came to an end with defeats at the hands of Newmarket and Littleport, who both had a double success to remain in first and second place. Ely Beet B also had two victories to move into third
ELY AND DISTRICT BOWLS
FORDHAM'S run of eight wins came to an end with defeats at the hands of Newmarket and Littleport, who both had a double success to remain in first and second place.
Ely Beet B also had two victories to move into third spot above Soham A whose 44-shot defeat at Newmarket was their heaviest of the season.
You may also want to watch:
Isleham progressed with a gain of 11- and-a-half points from their matches, but are only shots ahead of City of Ely.
Dale Spring of Ely Beet and John Smyth from Chippenham meet in the final of the County Singles and will represent Cambridgeshire in the National Championships at Worthing.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
Isleham edged through against Cottenham then took all their points at Ely Beet to finish only half a point behind Soham B, who went down to City of Ely but recovered against Stretham.
Newmarket made a good start to the week, overcoming Soham A, but they missed the chance to go higher when they failed at Fordham.
Afternoon League Division 1
The match between the top two resulted in a win for Burwell, who now take over as number one above Willingham, who are level on points with Mitchell Lodge, but have a five shot advantage.
Bottisham A's first six-pointer this year, at Fordham A, lifted them off the bottom spot, which is now held by Mildehall.
Afternoon League Division 2
One win out of two maintained Milton's lead, and in second spot are Newmarket B, but both teams have played two games more than the following group of three.
Chippenham Hiams and Newmarket A are separated by two points, having just moved into the second half of the programme with distant thoughts of promotion.