Fordham stun champions

PREMIER DIVISION FORDHAM turned the form-book upside-down with a sensational 3-2 victory at reigning champions Great Shelford on Saturday. Great Shelford twice came back from a goal down after Jose Mendez-Monteiro and Daren Pryke had netted for Fordham. B


FORDHAM turned the form-book upside-down with a sensational 3-2 victory at reigning champions Great Shelford on Saturday.

Great Shelford twice came back from a goal down after Jose Mendez-Monteiro and Daren Pryke had netted for Fordham.

But substitute Grant Pearson scored his first goal in the top flight to clinch victory for the visitors.

David Cullum junior was red-carded as Littleport Town slumped to a 3-0 defeat to Cambridge University Press.

Ely City Reserves moved ahead of Littleport into third place with a resounding 4-1 victory against last season's runners-up Over Sports.

Most Read

An own goal and a strike from Andrew Lee put Reserves 2-0 up at the break. Lee scored his second and Steve Pollard tapped-in a fourth before Over netted a consolation.


SOHAM Town Rangers Reserves gave a much-improved display as they shared the spoils with unbeaten Debden, but the draw still leaves them without a win.

Rangers were 1-0 up at the break as a defender turned Alex Irvine's cross into his own goal, and Michael King made it 2-1. The hosts made it 2-2 soon afterwards however, and Soham couldn't find the winner.


SOHAM United manager Andy Parker was left fuming over refereeing decisions that went against his side after a 3-2 defeat at Outwell Swifts.

Swifts led 1-0 at the interval, but United got back on terms when Jamie Day scored on the hour.

Substitute Ally Mohammed then made it 2-1 and Soham had a penalty appeal turned down as they tried to press home their advantage.

Outwell levelled the scores at 2-2 and the controversy began when the referee ignored an offside flag during a home attack. And with only 30 seconds left, he awarded a contentious winning penalty to Swifts.

Carl Ryan was the consolation scorer as Littleport Town Reserves crashed 5-1 at home to Huntingdon United RGE, and the same scoreline saw Haddenham Rovers lose their clash with Helions Bumpstead.


TOM Hoppitt scored twice as Ely City A moved to the top of the table with a 4-2 defeat of St Ives Rangers, maintaining their 100 per cent.


ISLEHAM United continue to struggle, going down 5-0 at Needingworth United Reserves.


MEPAL Sports continued their rise with a narrow 2-1 success at Soham United Reserves.

Luke Wilson's opener was immediately cancelled out by Aaron Lee but Giles Peacock netted the winner.

Haddenham Rovers Reserves went down 6-4 at Newmarket Town A, but Ely Crusaders came from behind to win at Fordham Reserves.

Fordham led at half-time through Clive Boucheron, but James Collins equalised for Crusaders and it was one-way traffic in the second half.

Goals from Phil Shepherd, Nicky Warren, Collins and Luke Schunmann made the final score 5-1.


WICKEN Amateurs secured their first points of the campaign in the home clash with Outwell Swifts Reserves, thanks to an excellent first half performance.

Jamie Palmer and Nathan Sheriff put Amateurs two goals up and Craig Rogerson capped a fine opening period to make it 3-0.

The Wicken defence held firm and Neil Masters scored a fourth to give the home side a 4-0 win.

Littleport Town A went down 3-2 at Cottenham United 'B' despite a double from Tony Clifford, and neighbours The Vine Reserves lost by the only goal at home to Willingham Reserves, but Burwell Swifts won at Swavesey Institute Reserves.

Reserves equalised after Jack O'Keeffe had put Swifts ahead but Ryan King's first goal in three years and a late spot kick from Jake Drake secured the points for Burwell.



SUTTON United are through to the next round after thrashing Great Shelford Reserves, but Witchford '96, Little Downham Swifts and Pymoor FC all suffered heavy defeats.

Matthew Keys helped himself to a first-half hat-trick in Sutton's win against Shelford, and his eventual tally was five as United ran out 9-1 winners. Steve Townend was also on target twice, and there was one a-piece for Russell Mansfield and Lee Read as Sutton just fell short of double-figures.

Witchford '96 were brushed aside 5-0 by visitors The Vine, Downham were crushed 10-0 at Guyhirn, and Pymoor - who started with 10 men and were reduced to nine by injury - lost 6-2 at Over Sports Reserves.


LITTLE Downham Swifts Reserves' captain Steven Martin grabbed a late winner as his side came from a goal down to progress at the expense of Haslingfield.

Andy Lister scored either side of a Haslingfield brace and just when extra-time seemed imminent, Harry Pavey set up Martin for the winner.

Burwell Swifts Reserves were also successful, winning by the odd goal in three at Melbourn Reserves.

Marcus Carrod opened the scoring but Melbourn took advantage of a defensive blunder to equalise.

Tom Thatcher made it 2-1 before half-time and they held on.

Isleham United Reserves were beaten 10-1 at home by Supercue.


TRIPLE-S led 3-1 but had to settle for a draw after an eight-goal Senior Division thriller at home to Ickleton.

Andrew Short's early goal was cancelled out by the visitors, but a James McCabe double put the hosts in control.

Ickleton got back on terms before half-time and took a 4-3 lead in the second period despite having a player sent off.

However, McCabe saved the day by completing his hat-trick.

In Division 1A Rangers' Reserve side won 6-1 at Cherry Hinton, while in Division 2A there was a 4-0 win for QPR Ely at home to Phoenix and a 1-1 draw for Village Inn at home to Alma FC.

Wilburton Albion meanwhile won 5-0 at Quayside in Division 3A, having opened the scoring as early as the fifth minute through Shane Freeland.

Freeland's deflected shot made it 2-0 and victory was assured with goals form Will Ludbrooke and Mel Cornwell.

In the Tucker Gardner Partnership League Division Two, a hat-trick from Stephen Evan helped Ely Pymoor Rangers to a 6-0 victory over Surff United. Stephen Footer (2) and Neil Garner were also on target.