Fordham slip to new defeat

Fordham scored twice in a match for the first time this season, but still slipped into the bottom three after at home to Cottenham United. United went 3-0 up at the break before Sam James and Daren Pryke pulled goals back after the interval. The same 3-2

Fordham scored twice in a match for the first time this season, but still slipped into the bottom three after at home to Cottenham United.

United went 3-0 up at the break before Sam James and Daren Pryke pulled goals back after the interval.

The same 3-2 scoreline saw Littleport Town surrender the points in their match at Histon A, the result being a repeat of the scoreline in last season's Premier League Cup Final.

'Port trailed by three goals after just 13 minutes. Chris Lupson slotted home to reduce the arrears, and Nigel Smith then made it 3-2.

Ely City Reserves took three points by virtue of scoring the only goal of the game at home to Cambridge University Press.

David Cornwell scored midway through the first half.

Most Read


Soham Town Rangers Reserves are now second-from-bottom after suffering a 3-1 defeat at home to leaders Foxton.


Haddenham Rovers secured their second win in succession at the expense of rivals Willingham.

Ed Ideson scored his first goal of the season, Kenny Holmes made it 2-0 on the hour and Ludbrooke's close-range header wrapped up the points with 15 minutes remaining. Willingham managed a consolation goal in the closing stages.

Littleport Town Reserves were also in Senior B action, going down by the odd goal in seven at home to high-flying Milton.

Scott Dews twice reduced the arrears for the home side and Neil Cullum was on target from the penalty spot, but his side lost 4-3.


Soham United departed from the competition after a 5-2 defeat against Senior Division A rivals Comberton United. A terrific double from Dan Simmons retrieved a 2-0 deficit at one stage, but Soham missed a chance to go 3-2 up and eventually paid the price.


Ely City A continued their bright start to the season with a 4-1 home victory against Cottenham United Reserves. Tom Hoppitt, Stuart Seekings and Matt Brodie were among the goals.


All five local sides were beaten on Saturday, with Witchford '96 coming closest to making progress.

They fell behind to Great Shelford Reserves early on but Richard Martin's spot kick drew them level.

Shelford recovered to lead 3-1 at the interval but Aaron Spencer and Sean Eldridge made it 3-3.

Witchford pressed for a winner, but were caught on the break.

There were also seven goals in the clash between Girton United Reserves and Sutton United, but in this tie the hosts ran out impressive 5-2 winners.

Sutton trailed 4-0 at the midway stage, but goals from Matthew Keys and half-time substitute Craig Faux halved the arrears before Girton settled matters with a fifth goal towards the finish.

Stretham Hotspurs went down 3-1 in their match at St Ives Rangers, Pymoor FC lost 4-1 at Fulbourn Institute Reserves, and Isleham United crashed 8-1 in their home encounter with Wisbech St Mary.


Ely Crusaders made further progress up the table with a useful victory at Bluntisham Rangers Reserves.

Wes Reid's cracking long range effort and Phil Shepherd's header gave Ely a 2-0 lead.

James Collins fired in a third and although Bluntisham pulled one back before half-time, the visitors held on well for a 3-1 win.


Burwell Swifts are through to the next round of the competition after a 6-0 win at Littleport Town A.

Carl Saxby broke the deadlock before his shot was deflected in to make it 2-0. Kev Driver extended Burwell's lead after the break and Saxby tapped home number four.

Saxby completed his hat-trick and Mark Chinnery's cross was nodded home by a home defender for the sixth Burwell goal.

Fordham Reserves were equally impressive in their match at Linton Granta A, with goals from Ian Butterworth (3), Toby Robinson (2), Harry O'Connor and Clive Boucheron accounting for the goals in a 7-2 win.

Mepal Sports got through by the only goal of the game at the expense of Outwell Swifts Reserves.

The decisive blow came from Giles Peacock.

The same scoreline saw Wicken Amateurs go down in their home clash with Willingham Reserves, and Haddenham Rovers Reserves also departed from the competition without scoring, beaten 3-0 at Huntingdon United RGE Reserves.

Soham United Reserves were humbled 6-1 at home to Fulbourn Sports and Social Club, but the demise of Little Downham Swifts came only after a lengthy penalty shoot-out at Milton A.

Swifts deservedly led 2-0 after 30 minutes thanks to a brace from Gareth Draper, but Milton hit back in the second period to force a goalless period of extra-time.

Both teams converted six spot-kicks before Downham finally missed and Milton scored again for a 7-6 win.


Mark Finbow struck the winner 10 minutes from time as The Vine Reserves beat Cottenham United B by the odd goal in five.

Finbow had scored his first goal of the game just before half-time after Sam Morgan's 24th minute opener, but the visitors had looked capable of earning a point.


Little Downham Swifts Reserves and Supercue put their 100 per cent records on the line and Downham seemed to be heading for the win after going 2-0 up.

Matt Fuller stabbed home the opener and Dean Martin made it 2-0 but the visitors pulled one back from the penalty spot.

An injury to Ian Timbers precipitated Downham's demise in the second period when Supercue hit five unanswered goals to win 6-2.

Burwell Swifts Reserves went 1-0 up at Walsoken United through Simon Hurrion's goal. Walsoken hit back to lead 2-1 at the midway stage but Tom Thatcher levelled the scores. Burwell looked the likely winners but two quick breakaways caught them napping and Walsoken ran out 4-2 winners.


Ely Park Rangers suffered their first Senior Division defeat of the season as they went down 3-1 at home to a useful Ashwell side.

Ely's Division 1A Reserves were also in action, winning 10-1 at Univ Chem Labs.

Luke Fretwell led the rout with a four-goal haul, and he was joined on the scoresheet by Simon Farrow (2), Gary Dewsbury, Richard Dewsbury and Matt Brodie.

QPR Ely went down by the only goal of the game at home to Exning United Reserves in Division 2A, while in Division 3A there was a first defeat of the season for Wilburton Albion at Fox Burwell.

Will Ludbrooke put Albion ahead in the first minute and Sam Oliver sprung the offside trap to make it 2-0. Fox reduced the arrears just before half-time, equalised in the 75th minute and grabbed a last-gasp winner.

In Division Two of the Tucker Gardner Partnership League, Ely Pymoor Rangers ran out easy 7-0 winners at the expense of Ellesmere Eagles.

Neil Garner helped himself to five goals.