Fordham Make Perfect Start To New Cricket Season
Cricket FORDHAM made a superb start to their debut season in the elite section of the Tucker Premier League defeating last season s runners up Ramsay by seven wickets. An exceptional stand of 137 for the second wicket between Mark Silcock and Matt Foulds,
FORDHAM made a superb start to their debut season in the elite section of the Tucker Premier League defeating last season's runners up Ramsay by seven wickets.
An exceptional stand of 137 for the second wicket between Mark Silcock and Matt Foulds, paved the way for their success, but there were also highlights in Fordham's outfield cricket.
Batting first, Ramsay made steady progress with Yelland (37) and Markham (29) compiling a stand of 82 runs.
You may also want to watch:
But when these two had departed, Fordham contained the home side well. Charles Forden (3-55) Graham Arnold (2-50) and Clinton Cornwell (1-41) were the wicket takers in Ramsay's innings of 197-7.
Young Ryan Houghton, making his Tucker debut, took a fine catch and also ran one of the home's batsman to back up Fordham's frugal bowling attack.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Fordham lost Gavin Harding with the score on seven but quickly recovered, Silcock (68) and Foulds (62) steering the visitors to victory with a sterling partnership. Mark Abbott (21 no) and Ian Baldwin (10 no) saw the team home.