Fordham Humbled By Rampaging Wisbech
FORDHAM were treated to a harsh lesson in life at the top as they were subjected to a 186-run mauling by Wisbech. Fordham have found life tough since being promoted to the Tucker Premier at the end of last season and the trip to Wisbech, the league s top
FORDHAM were treated to a harsh lesson in life at the top as they were subjected to a 186-run mauling by Wisbech.
Fordham have found life tough since being promoted to the Tucker Premier at the end of last season and the trip to Wisbech, the league's top team, came at a bad time for the visitors who were shown no mercy by an impressive Wisbech side.
Batting first, Wisbech piled on the runs, making the most of an extraordinarily quick pitch to breeze their way on to 290-3 by the close of the innings.
Ian Jellyman led the way for a tireless bowling attack, taking 1-51 from his nine-over spell.
You may also want to watch:
Fordham simply failed to find the same gear as their opponents with the bat and, aside from a commendable knock of 46 from opener Gavin Harding, they could only muster 104 as Wisbech again dominated.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review