Fordham Get New Season Off To A Flyer
FORDHAM secured a five wicket Tucker Premier League victory at Abington on Saturday to take their 20 points of the new season. Abington batted first and struggled, thanks to good bowling from all the Fordham bowlers. Charles Forden s fine opening spell wa
FORDHAM secured a five wicket Tucker Premier League victory at Abington on
Saturday to take their 20 points of the new season.
Abington batted first and struggled, thanks to good bowling from all the Fordham bowlers. Charles Forden's fine opening spell was backed up by Clinton Cornwell who took 2-16 off 12 overs. Forden also grabbed two wickets with Jason Harding 2-16, Ian Jelleyman 2-31 and Sakthivel Vijithran taking the remaining wicket.
Abington totalled 138-9 with Knight top scoring with 43 and lower order men Wagstaff 28 and Hamper 27 not out providing resilient back up.
You may also want to watch:
Fordham struggled early on with their response until Darren Theobald joined Mark Silcock at the crease. The pair put on 59 in a match winning partnership with Silcock making 32 and Theobald carrying his bat for 63 not out, with Vijithran playing
sensibly at the end for his nine not out.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
This weekend the first team entertain Bluntisham , the seconds visit St Ives and the thirds are at home to NCI.
WITCHAM hosted the new Haddenham team in a pre-season friendly on Sunday which was won by the home team.
Witcham made 282-8 in this 40 overs contest. Simon Cooper made 90 before retiring, Nigel Pate 32, Callum Steele 25, Angus Pate 31, Edward George 23 and Ben Griffiths 22 were the top scorers. In reply Haddenham were all out for 128 with Phil Cornwell making 69.
Witcham's second team will play a friendly against Little Thetford on Saturday.
The new league season begins this weekend.