Football: Rangers’ unbeaten run comes to end
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION Norwich United 2 Soham Town Rangers 1 SOHAM S 15-match unbeaten run came to an end in Norfolk after a disappointing display. Norwich took the lead on 14 minutes, but some smart thinking from Steve Bugg allowed Soham to level a mi
RIDGEONS PREMIER DIVISION
Norwich United 2 Soham Town Rangers 1
SOHAM'S 15-match unbeaten run came to an end in Norfolk after a disappointing display.
Norwich took the lead on 14 minutes, but some smart thinking from Steve Bugg allowed Soham to level a minute later.
You may also want to watch:
Bugg played a quick free-kick through to Andy Furnell, who had the simple task of slotting home from close range.
In a limited second half, the only action of note was the decisive goal on 68 minutes. The unfortunate Andy Coleman looped a ball played back into the box into his own net to give Norwich their third successive win.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
The match also marked Rob Allis' last appearance in a Soham shirt. The midfielder has since moved to America.
Soham manager Ian Benjamin said: "We let ourselves down as the two teams above us in the table lost.
"It was a very disappointing performance and hopefully it won't happen again this season. We did all the wrong things and individuals tried to win the game on their own.
"Norwich have signed a few players and I knew we were in for a tough game. On their performance, they are a better side than their league position suggest.